Geveko Markings is looking for a strong and talented Group Operations Controller who will be an important player for developing a strong global controlling environment and financial management.
The Group Operations Controller is reporting to the Head of Group Finance and will be a part of the Finance Shared Service Center (FSSC) which consists of finance, BI and IT. The position will be based in our office in Copenhagen.
Areas of responsibility
The Group Operations Controller's key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Responsibility for a strong controlling environment in operations
- Act as anchor between sales, operations and finance to ensure full transparency on financial performance and KPI’s.
- Work closely with functional and site managers to plan and manage financial production tasks to improve KPI’s and target achievements.
- Develop the group principles for calculation of BOM’s, Routes, recalculations etc.
- Develop and implement controlling activities on operational costs, including identifying weaknesses in our controls and processes and take ownership of the issues by proposing and implementing solutions.
- Provide timely and accurate management information
- Preparation of monthly reports and budget follow up
- Support in decision-making by providing critical analyses in respect of sales and operation
- Close corporation with the BI department to get full benefit of data and prepare analysis
- Participate in the set-up and implementation of our new group ERP system
- Develop and maintain guidelines and working procedures on best practices navigating in the system
- Function as super user and support of the system for all production sites
- Setup, implement and train employees when new sites go live on the system
The position requires a hands-on person who has the strength, drive, and desire to be part of transforming the company to a more professional level and who can create a change of agenda. The right person has a high degree of analytical skills, understands the business processes and knows the details.
On top of that we want our new operational controller to have:
- A relevant education within Economics, Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Experience from a similar position
- Solid economic and operational reporting experience with strong analytical capabilities
- Solid understanding of sales, production processes and supply chain
- Profound knowledge of IT, Excel and ERP systems as business tools
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and/or AX 4.0 is an advantage
For personal qualification we are looking for:
- Informal and co-operative team player with the ability to work constructively and support decision-making
- Performance-driven and with a strong problem-solving attitude - who always meets required deadlines
- Ambitious, robust and change-focused, able to handle working under high pressure
- A sharp economist who understand the full chain in a business
- A strong sense of commitment and dedication
For the right candidate awaits a great opportunity to be a central part in the development of a global market player.
Traveling will be approx. 50 days a year. This includes both national and international travelling.
If you have any questions before applying please contact Head of Group Finance, Katja Busk Larsen. Phone: +45 24295678
About Geveko Markings
Geveko Markings Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality and environmentally-friendly road & pavement marking materials mainly used for horizontal marking of roads, cycle paths, pedestrian paths, airports, arenas, multi-story car parks, industrial locations, city centers, school playgrounds, and outdoor decorative application.
Geveko Markings is the European market leader and one of two global leaders in advanced preformed thermoplastics road markings, which is the fastest growing road marking materials segment. In Europe, Geveko Markings has a market share of ~60 % within this segment and is several times larger than number two, although competition is increasing.
The company has a strong global footprint, operating in 80 countries through 20 offices and 9 factories around the world. Customers include road administrations, local authorities, private customers, and contractors specializing in application of road markings.
Geveko Markings is strongly positioned to continue to benefit from the underlying demand for road maintenance and new road construction. The future ambition and intention are to further develop Geveko Markings as the leading manufacturer in Europe and to accelerate sales growth through focusing resources on new and underpenetrated markets.